Saturday, December 22, 2018

Christmas Tour 2018


Merry Christmas!
There is so much to love about this time of year. 
The celebration of the birth of Jesus is my most favorite part, then spending time with family and loved ones, and then decorating my home and buying presents for those I love.
Oh, and eating lots of Christmas cookies too!


Warm, glowy Christmas lights must be the number one reason decorator's love decorating for this season. Just looking at them gives you that warm glow-ey feeling inside, which I think best represents how we feel reminiscing on Christ's birth.


A favorite ornament of mine: Our "Just Married" old time car.

And the Yule Log on the TV while I still dream of having a real fireplace and mantle to decorate at Christmas. Maybe someday!


This is our fourth year getting a "real" Christmas tree right from the woods. I think I've forgotten what a "normal" real Christmas tree looks like... I'm just so used to them now!


Pom-Poms & crocheted snowflake ornaments for the win... again.
I'm thinking about changing things up next year and maybe adding some color!? 

I've really been loving the vintage Shiny Brite ornaments lately. If I can get my hands on some I'll add them in. Maybe not every year, but it's fun to change it up.



The console table is the home to a Hot Chocolate Bar this year.
My previous post is all about it, if you care for the details:



I hosted a mom's night, which was the reason for the bar, but I've basically left it set up so I could put some toppings out and have hot chocolate ready for a crowd at any given moment. 


Vintage Santa mugs that were a Christmas present from my sister last year took center stage on the table. So cute and festive!


Toppings, toppings, toppings.




A scene from the "mom's night" I hosted. 
I made a gingerbread bundt cake, and my sister made mini cranberry orange cheesecakes.
Because straight up drinking chocolate was just not enough sugar for the night. ;)


My white tree did go up this year! I thought it wouldn't because of having a toddler, but all the ornaments on this tree are not breakable, so it's actually the perfect tree to have around!
The gold poinsettia clips are a new addition this year plus a few more gold baubles. 


This tree is my "view from the office" aka the dining room table now that I work from home.
 So, the lights are the first thing I turn on in the morning. 
Does it distract from the unfinished wall?? That was my hope. ;)




My favorite little nativity scene went in a bird cage this year... to be protected from the small boy.



My small, faux white-pine wreath ended up on the mirror again. 
It just seems right.


New decor additions:
THE WINDOWSILL!! + new, white window. Thanks husband.
And more cute vintage santa mugs found at the thrift store for .25 cents a piece. 
Not as old and cool as my others, but I wasn't gonna say no.


Also, my Christmas cactus that was given to me as a hostess gift 3 years ago finally bloomed. 
Working on bringing it back from the dead...


Some Christmas decor in the master bedroom this year.


It makes me happy right before I get into bed.


I got a "new" Nativity this year!! No more mini $1 nativity. I've upgraded to a bigger $10 one that I found at a Christmas craft sale this year. I saw it last year and was bummed later that I didn't get it, so I was very excited to see it was still there this year.


I finally printed this free printable village that I had pinned years ago. 
It's from my friend: www.alicewingerden.com



It's so cute! I love all the details and vintage cars. 
Plus, it's very toddler friendly since it's just printed on card-stock.


I kinda want to live in this little town. 

Here is a link to the free printable if you would like it for yourself:


Thank you for stopping by the the tour! 


I'm not a very consistent blogger, but I can say I've been very consistent with my Christmas tour posts the last few years since becoming a homeowner! 

It's so fun to collect (thrift) Christmas decor and share here.
I've also been sharing more on Instagram lately:
It seems like the cool(er) place to be, but I'll still update the 'ol blog every now and then. 



I hope everyone has a truly lovely Christmas!



Blessings,
Olivia





No comments:

Post a Comment