Friday, July 20, 2018

A Look Back: Barn Door Headboard {A Guest Bedroom Tour}

Here is a look at the barn door in its first home: the guest bedroom.
This room is also where the nursery currently is.


I love my barn door in the living room, and I love my baby's nursery, but I do miss this room!
It had a very serene feel with the monochromatic color scheme and lots of natural elements.


The comforter had a small leafy vine pattern.


Here's a look back so you can remember the dark, dated, smelly cave...
Don't miss that ceiling fan that you could literally walk right into!


This room get's a lot of natural light in the evening, 
and once I added all of my whites and light colors it felt even more bright and happy.



The plant in the window is a "lipstick plant" ...a baby from one that my mom had. It gets bright red blooms that look like a tube of lipstick.




As I look back now, I see that I may be killing this plant a bit! 
Uh-oh... it's definitely not this big anymore...



My sister did the painting on the nightstand. 
It is from a real photo of her and I sitting on a little bridge over a creek.
It looks exactly like the photo!


I love meaningful decor.
Maddie is on the left, and I'm on the right.
She also got me the piece of rock sitting on the mirror.
The rock has a story behind it about how it looks like Lake Superior. 


This wall display has some poetry that my best friend's mom wrote.
These pieces are now split up all over the house.


But I do love how you can bring a bunch of small items together to make a bigger impact on a wall.



The paper behind this verse was almost the exact same as the wall color in this room.
It wasn't planned, but it's nice when things like that happen!
The wall color is called "Sheltering Winter's Pine".


It doesn't get much more rustic than that... That's why I was sure to have my husband hang the door high enough so that even the pillows wouldn't be touching it.




I have no idea what the plant in the corner was called... 
it was a hand-me-down that we unfortunately killed.


This is the smallest of our 3 bedrooms, but it was still perfect for a couple of  guests to come for a cozy stay. And it did get quite a bit of use too!


Maybe someday I will get our current guest bedroom whipped into shape and can give you a tour of that. It also has a very serene feel with a monochromatic color scheme... but none of these colors.
It's currently the dumping grounds for all the things that need to be worked on around the fixer upper and all the things that need to be kept hidden from the baby! So...it will be a while before you see it probably. 

My few readers are pretty patient people thought. ;)


Thanks for taking the tour!


Blessings,
Olivia




No comments:

Post a Comment