Wednesday, April 23, 2014

World Record Aloe Vera Plant!




I love plants, and for anyone else out there that does too, check out my mom's aloe!! This thing is taller than I am (as you will see below). Believe it or not, it started as a 6" tall plant from Wal-Mart. It now has babies twice that size and does so every year! My mom is always replanting it...which is a pretty intense job.




Here are some of the babies it made this last winter. Anyone want an aloe?

If you get sun-burnt this summer, contact my mother!!



 Here I am next to it. I'm 5'5" and it's passing me up!

So, I may have exaggerated with the "world" record thing...I'm not sure about that. But, I'm almost positive that it has to be a record for Wisconsin. How could it not be right?!

Have you seen an aloe this big before??

Blessings,
Olivia


Sharing at:
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Show and Tell Friday
Sundays at Home



14 comments:

  1. Wow! You are right - that is the biggest aloe plant I've ever seen! Uncanny timing...I recently bought an aloe plant at Walmart and gave it to my son when he was here for Easter. Maybe I should warn him that they can grow pretty huge, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea! You might be getting little baby plants back from him :)

      Delete
  2. Any tips or tricks for growing aloe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of sunlight and do not over-water I like to water once every couple weeks

      Delete
    2. Yes, I second that! My mom's loves her dining room which has several very large windows.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Wow, that's got to be one healthy aloe! And you must have a very green thumb! :)

      Delete
  4. Mine's bigger and I'm also from Wisconsin lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, send a pic and I'll add it in! People have got to know that we Wisconsinites can make things grow despite our extremely short natural growing season! :) hehe

      Delete
  5. It is pretty large but I bet if you replant the pups and wait on the flowered stem to die off mine is bigger and wider. Still, we have green thumbs don't we? BTW, I'm from Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just was trying to find tallest aloe plant and came accosts this feed. Mine is now 51plus inches from dirt to top, and has a flower stem 441/2inches tall, making it currents 6’ plus the pot, is huge! Started as a 2” home depot plant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in Missouri and have one I take care of that's monstrous had never seen a potted one as large as this one! Its getting ready to bloom and I was looking into how tall the bloom could get and ran across this! Plants are amazing

    ReplyDelete